Adjud

City in Vrancea County. Historical names: Egydhalma, Agiud, Adgiud. First documentary mention: April 9, 1433. Demographic evolution: 1874 (15 believers); 1899 (45 believers); 1901 (35 Catholics); 1999 (177 families; 615 believers); 2003 (140 families with 596 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1991. Branches: Burcioaia, without church; Urecheşti-Slobozia, without a church; Păunești, without a church; Ruginești-Copăceşti, without a church; Pufești, without a church; Huruieşti, without a church; Pradaiş, without a church; Sârbi + Lehoncea - Podu Turcului, without church. Church: built in 1991, with the dedication "Change in the face of Jesus".

Arini

Village in Găiceana commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Slobozia Ungurenii; Ungureni; Unguri. The first documentary mention: Through the ruse of November 8, 1817, Mr. Moldovan Scarlat Alexandru Calimachi granted Costachi Sturza the painter the privilege of being able to bring over the border liusi, having exemption from some gifts. He put into practice the decision given by the gentleman relatively quickly, bringing from Transylvania a number of 80 luizi (catholics), which he settled on his estate, Găiceana, the village thus founded being called Hungarians, Ungeniers, perpetuating at a topical level the name given to the inhabitants of this settlement, namely Hungarians due to the fact that they came from the Hungarian zone, as it was called at that time Transylvania. Today the name of the settlement comes from a local place name Arinoasa. Demographic evolution: 1820 (80 believers); 1841 (100 families); 1995 (389 families; 1466 believers); 1999 (408 families; 1472 believers); 2003 (405 families with 1428 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1960. Branches: Găiceana, without church; Huţu, without a church; Bodeasa, without church; Podu Turcului, without a church. Church: The first wooden church was built in 1844, according to the statistics of the Catholic churches in Moldavia from 1871-1872. In 1910 the first wall church was built, which will be damaged by the earthquake of March 4, 1977, which is why it will be decided to demolish it and to completely rebuild it, completed in 1981, with the new church dedicated to the "Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary".

Barați

Village in Mărgineni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Borat, Boraz. First documentary mention: It is related to the Franciscan monastery founded here in 1410. Demographic evolution: 1745 (30 families); 1777 (150 believers); 1995 (460 families; 1550 believers); 1999 (501 families; 1555 believers); 2003 (531 families and 1699 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1981. Branch: Măgura, with church under construction. Churches: The first church was built in 1745, made of wood, and lasted until 1801 when another church was built in the cemetery. The steps regarding the construction of the present church, with the dedication of the "Descent of the Holy Spirit", began in 1927, the works being practically completed in 1932.

Bălțați

Village, Bălțați commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Gugea. First documentary mention: 1473. Demographic evolution: 1995 (272 families; 848 believers); 1999 (309 families; 562 believers); 2003 (327 families; 963 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1969. Branches: Sprânceana, with a church built in 1960, dedicated to the "Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary"; Mădârjeşti, without a church; Serca, without church; Larga Jijiei, without a church; Erbiceni, without church; Warriors, without church; Bogonaş, without a church. Churches: The first church dates from 1910, and was later replaced by another, built on the same site, in 1932, with the dedication of "Descent of the Holy Spirit".

Bârgăuani

Village, Bârgăuani commune, Neamt county. Historical names: Bargovano, Bargoano. First documentary mention: 1403. Demographic evolution: 1762 (53 believers); 1995 (338 families; 1049 believers); 1999 (350 families; 930 believers); 2003 (325 families; 915 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1894. Churches: The first church, made of brick, was built in 1830. It will be demolished in 1894 when the current church in Bârgăuani will be builted, with the dedication "Saint Mary Magdalene", under the obedience of Jesuit priest Ernestus Herden, buried shortly after even in the church he founded.

Bijghir

Village in Buhoci commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Satunovum, Satu Nou, Ulm, Miclusesti, Nicloşesti, Satu Nou- Miclusesti, Satu Nou-Bijghir. The first documentary mention: The settlement was formed at the beginning of the 19th century, the Catholic inhabitants coming here from the neighboring village of Prăjeşti. Hence the meaning of the name Satu Nou. The place name Ulm, came from the homonymous stream that crosses the village, while the name Miclusesti, derives from the surname Miclăus, commonly found in the village. The current name has been used in official statistics since the first half of the 20th century. Demographic evolution: 1850 (324 believers); 1874 (422 believers); 1995 (589 families; 2310 believers); 1999 (695 families; 2480 believers); 2003 (731 families; 2367 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1968. Branches: Buhoci, with a church built in 1948, dedicated to "Saint Francis of Assisi"; Buhocel, no church. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1850. In 1888 we have information regarding the construction of another church, probably from more resistant materials. The present church was raised from the brick by the believers in 1958, having the dedication of "Our Lady of Mercy".

Brusturoasa

Village, Brusturoasa commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Brusturosa. First documentary mention: Settlement founded during the 19th century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (277 families; 814 believers); 1999 (279 families; 796 believers); 2003 (298 families; 900 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1995. Branches: Cuchiniş, without church; Buruienişu de Sus, with a church built in 1954, dedicated to "The Birth of Saint John the Baptist"; Agăș without a church. Churches: The Church in Brusturoasa was built in 1992, with the dedication of "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul".

Buruienești

Village in Doljeşti commune, Neamt county. Historical names: Borianest, Burianest. First documentary mention: 1587. Demographic evolution: 1762 (84 believers); 1777 (250 believers); 1995 (917 families; 3712 believers); 2003 (968 families; 3671 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1920. Churches: The first church, made of brick, was built in 1864, then burned in a fire, in 1872. It will be redone by the locals, operating until 1937 when the works at the present church were completed, with the dedication "Saint Joseph the Worker ”.

Cacica

Village, Cacica commune, Suceava county. The first documentary mention: The Catholic community was formed at the end of the eighteenth century, as a result of colonization with families of Polish miners, originating from the Bohnea and Kalucz region, from the Wieliczka salt mine, brought here in 1785 to work on the salt deposits. discovered in the Cacica area. Demographic evolution: 1995 (254 families; 624 believers); 1999 (228 families; 568 believers); 2003 (270 families; 687 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1810. Branches: Păltinoasa, with a church built in 1912, with the dedication "Ascension of the Lord"; Ilişeşti, with a church built in 1880, with the dedication "Saint Elizabeth of Portugal"; Vârful Dealului, without a church; Pârteștii de Sus, without a church; Pârteștii de Jos, without a church. Churches: The first church was built in 1810. In 1903 the construction of the present church, made of carved stone and brick, began, according to the plans of the Polish architect Talowski. This Gothic church was built around the old church, which continued to be functional until the completion of the works, in 1905. A cave was also arranged imitating that of Lourdes, as well as a chapel, with the dedication of "Saint Varvara", the patron saint of miners, inside the salt mines. The icon "Madona Neagră", a copy of the miraculous icon of Cestohowa, was brought by the priest Jacob Bogdanowicz from a church in Stanislawow, a copy of the miraculous icon of Cestohowa, being embedded in the main altar of the present Gothic church, becoming in time the famous icon of miracles from Cacica, reason for pilgrimage for Catholic believers.

Câmpulung Moldovenesc

City in Suceava County. The first documentary mention: the fourteenth century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (232 families; 469 believers); 1999 (182 families; 318 believers); 2003 (160 families; 280 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1785. Branches: Pojorâta, with a church built in 1893, dedicated to the "Assumption of the Virgin Mary"; Fundu Moldovei, with a church built in 1838, with the "Holy Trinity" dedication; Moldovita, with a church built in 1908, dedicated to the "Birth of the Holy Virgin"; Vatra Moldoviţei, with a church built in 1891, dedicated to "Saint Ana"; Prisaca, with a church built in 1911, dedicated to the "Ascension of the Holy Cross"; Vama, with a church built in 1886, dedicated to the "Visit of the Virgin Mary"; Molid, without church. Churches: In 1785, with the establishment of the parish center, a chapel was probably built, the Catholic church being builded a little later in 1815. With some repairs this church continues today.

Ciucani

Village in Răcăciuni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Ciocani, Ciokan. The first documentary mention: The settlement was founded by the ascendants of today's Catholic inhabitants, who emigrated from Transylvania in the 18th century. Demographic evolution: 1835 (13 families); 1850 (183 believers); 1999 (346 families; 1277 believers); 2003 (358 families; 1334 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1995. Branches: Berindeşti, with a church built in 1920, with the dedication "Cutting the Head of Saint John the Baptist"; Dumbrăveni, with a church built in 1996, with the dedication of "Our Lady of Mercy". Churches: The first church was built in 1830 from the pageant. Later, in 1925 another church was built, renovated several times over time. In 1991 the current church in Ciucani was built.

Cleja

Village, Cleja commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Clesa, Clessia. First documentary mention: May 3, 1588. Demographic evolution: 1696 (76 believers); 1781 (624 believers); 1800-1801 (251 families; 1448 believers); 1807 (350 families; 1928 believers); 1814 (407 families; 2020 believers); 1850 (1264 believers); 1874 (1697 believers); 1895 (384 families; 1383 believers); 1999 (1201 families; 4483 believers); 2003 (1227 families; 4337 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1793. Parish in administration: Cleja-Buda, with a church built in 1993, with the "Saint Mark" dedication. Churches: The year of the opening of the parish, 1793, implies implicitly the possibility, if not the necessity of the existence of a place of worship, probably a chapel. The year 1811 is the one in which the first church was built, which resisted until 1906 when the present church was built with the dedication of "Saint Francis," subsequently renovated several times. Among the archive documents of the Parish of Cleja found a unique note comprising a brief history of the church from 1906. From here we learned that the church "was built in 1906 by the voluntary contribution of the faithful of Cleja. The founder of the church was the venerable priest Gratian Karpati.The church is built of brick, with the foundation of stone, brick and lime, and the roof of the sheet.The tower is an imitation of the neo-Gothic style, and the body of the church is built in the Roman style.The vault is made of wood, simply decorated.The building inside measures 27m long and 10m wide, and 13 m high.The altar is made of wood; above it, in a niche on the wall is the statue of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of the church.There are two more side altars in the main nave, built of brick.The choir is spacious, built of wood, in it is the medium-sized organ, the Wegenstein brand Behind the main altar is the sacristy, a room of about 3m / 5m, and on the side of th e presbytery there are two sacristies. The church also has 3 bells, mounted in the tower, the largest of which weighs 500 kg. The church was painted by the contribution of the faithful in 1950 ”. (Bacău National Archives, Fondation Roman-Catholic Parish Cleja, inventory, F - 459). In recent years this church has been renovated again, being enlarged to the altar and thus acquiring a cross shape, but retaining the original style.

Corhana

Village, Dulceşti commune, Neamt county. Historical names: Ciorana, Corcanum. First documentary mention: 1790. Demographic evolution: 1866 (38 families; 176 believers); 1886 (42 families; 172 believers); 1896 (42 families; 176 believers); 1912 (63 families; 254 believers); 1926 (83 families; 318 believers); 1946 (98 families; 381 believers); 1995 (255 families; 790 believers); 1999 (270 families; 720 believers); 2003 (240 families; 615 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1990. Branches: Roşiori, without church; Dulcești, without church. Churches: In 1869 a chapel was builded, and at the end of the nineteenth century, in 1895 a new church was built, enlarged and restored between 1948- 1952, with the dedication of the "Holy Virgin Mary".

Dărmănești

City of Dărmăneşti, Bacău county. Historical names: Dormonesti, Dermenask. First documentary mention: June 9, 1546. Demographic evolution: 1850 (280 believers); 1995 (449 families; 1671 believers); 1999 (473 families; 1749 believers); 2003 (498 families; 1784 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1853. Churches: The first church was built in 1813 from wood. The present church, from the beams, was builded in 1928, with the dedication "The Most Holy Heart of Jesus".

Faraoani

Village, Faraoani commune, Bacău county. Historical name: Forajano, Forro, Foroyani, Forouano, Foroano: First documentary mention: 1420. Demographic evolution: 1641 (250 believers); 1646 (80 families; 400 believers); 1762 (214 families; 900 believers); 1850 (1300 believers); 1900 (213 families; 1441 believers); 1947 (541 families; 2187 believers); 1999 (853 families; 3214 believers); 2003 (814 families; 3474 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1730. Churches: The first wooden church of the Catholic community in Faraoani, located in the original hearth of the village, is still present today in the local cemetery in the locality. About the first documentary mention of this church we do not yet have certain information. The churches of Pharaohs continue to be mentioned in: 1650, 1653-1654, 1659, 1661, 1668, 1670, 1671, 1682, 1691 etc. At the end of the seventeenth century the Catholic inhabitants of Faraoani leave the old building (due to the stained glass windows of those times) and settle on the present territory, on the present hearth of the villages Faraoani and Valea Mare. The Gothic style of the church and the place where it is located make of its imposing silhouette a place of attraction that dominates, over a great extent, the Siret valley. The plans of the church were drawn up by the architect Octav Bellet. ”(Pr. Iosif Gabor, Faraoani Catholic Parish, manuscript, p. 49).

Fărcășeni

Village in Strunga village, Iasi county. Historical names: Traeasen. First documentary mention: March 28, 1640. Demographic evolution: 1762 (10 families; 54 believers); 1995 (557 families; 2135 believers); 1999 (602 families; 2125 believers); 2003 (612 families; 2042 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1946. Branches: Caracași, with a first church builded in 1932. The current church was built in 1950, with the dedication of "Saint Michael"; Cucova, without church; Helesteni, without a church. Churches: The first church was built in 1814. It resisted until 1872 when, in its place, another church was built, from the old town. In 1927 a new church was built from brick, so that in 1995 the current church with the dedication of "The Assumption of the Virgin Mary" was built.

Focșani

Municipality in Vrancea county. Historical names: Focsani. The first documentary mention: the fifteenth century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (380 families; 969 believers); 1999 (389 families; 1009 believers); 2003 (379 families; 1133 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1843. Branches: Garoafa, with a church built in 1957, with the dedication "Saint Virgin Mary, Queen"; Odobeşti, without church. Churches: The first church was built in 1846, with some repairs and arrangements until 1992 when a new Catholic church was built, dedicated to "Saints Apostles Peter and Paul".

Frumoasa

Village in Balcani commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Furmosa, Frumoasa Monastery. First documentary mention: January 16, 1491. Demographic evolution: 1840 (53 families; 262 believers); 1995 (694 families; 2316 believers); 2003 (727 families; 2474 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1952. Branches: Roznov, without a church; Tazlau, without a church; Ruseni, without a church. Churches: The first church was built in 1840. In 1869 another wooden church was built, which lasted until 1960 when the present church was built, with the dedication "Saint Mary Magdalene".

Galați

Municipality, Galaţi County. Historical names: Galazzo. The first documentary mention: the fifteenth century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (622 families; 1694 believers); 1999 (614 families; 1763 believers); 2003 (714 families; 1760 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1976. Branches: Folteşti, with a church built in 1998, with the dedication of "Ascension of the Holy Cross"; Sendreni, without church; Hunters, no church; Schela, without a church; Targu Bujor, without a church. In administration: Galati - West, without church. Churches: From 1754 we have news about the fact that the Roman Catholic church in Galaţi was burnt down. Later, in 1844 another church was built, restored and amplified in 1893, the present form taking it after the modifications that were brought to it in 1930. This church is dedicated to the "Birth of Saint John the Baptist".

Gheorghe Doja

Village in Răcăciuni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Gheorghe Buzdugan, Satu Nou, Ujfalu. The first documentary mention: the 19th century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (486 families; 1783 believers); 1999 (519 families; 1949 believers); 2003 (536 families; 1954 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1968. Branches: Răcăciuni, with a church built in 1990, with the dedication of "the Immaculate Heart of Mary"; Gâșteni, with a church built in 1997, with the dedication of "Our Lady of Fatima". In administration: Valea Mică: with a church built in 1990, with the dedication of "Happy Ieremia Valahul". Churches: The first church was built in 1907, with the dedication of "Saint Teresa of the Baby Jesus", which continues to be used today.

Gioseni

Village in Gioseni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Gioscena, Josănii. First documentary mention: 1563. Demographic evolution: 1762 (24 families; 112 believers); 1777 (350 believers); 1999 (710 families; 2610 believers); 2003 (713 families; 2525 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1946. In administration: Gioseni de Jos, without church. Churches: The first brick church was built in 1860. Between 1977-1980 the current church was built with the dedication of "The Birth of Saint John the Baptist".

Hălăucești

Village, Hălăuceşti commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Alocest, Eleucesti. First documentary mention: April 24, 1520. Demographic evolution: 1762 (31 families); 1999 (1400 families; 4245 believers); 2003 (1392 families; 4250 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1774. Churches: The first church was built in 1759. In 1842 another church was built, made of brick, instead of the previous one. It will be enlarged in 1872. It resisted until 1940 when the current church was built, but it will be demolished later.

Horlești

Village, Horlesti commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Herleşti, Cocoteni, Cocoteno, Orlest. First documentary mention: 1471. Demographic evolution: 1762 (22 families; 121 believers); 1999 (449 families; 1399 believers); 2003 (466 families; 1336 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1775. Branch: Slobozia, with a first church built in 1925. In 1963 the present church was built with the dedication "Queen of the Holy Rosary". Churches: The first wooden chapel was built in 1776. In 1875 a church will be built, later repaired and enlarged, in 1965. The current church was built in 1994, with the dedication of "The Body and Blood of the Lord".

Huși

City in Vaslui County. Historical names: Usc, Ussenzia, Hussio, Usci. First documentary mention: December 17, 1487. Demographic evolution: 1641 (400 believers); 1646 (124 families; 682 believers); 1762 (65 families; 300 believers); 1999 (2153 families; 6381 believers); 2003 (2244 families; 6714 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parishes: Huşi-Corni, with a first church mentioned in 1599. A new church was built in 1805, dedicated to the "Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary". Husi, established in 1986, with a church built in 1938, with the dedication of "Saint Anton of Padua". In 1990 a new church was built with the same dedication. Branches: Stănileşti, without church; Stroeşti, without church; Tatareni, without church; Capotești, without church; Ivanesti, without a church; Grumezoaia, without church; Vetrişoaia, without church; Berezeni, without a church; Murgeni, without a church. Churches: The first church of the Catholic community in the city of Husi is mentioned from the first reports of the Catholic missionaries sent to the Congregation of the Fide Propaganda of the seventeenth century. However, the present location dates from the beginning of the 19th century. The first church on this site was built of brick between 1805-1808. This church will be rebuilt and enlarged several times in time, in 1840, between 1898-1904, 1932, 1957, continuing today. In the catholic cemetery in the city there was a church with the dedication "Sfânta Cruce" that burned at the end of the eighteenth century, in 1796. Between 1931-1938 the church with the dedication "Sfintul Anton de Padova" will be buily, which, with a series of repairs lasted until 1990 when a new Catholic church will be built in the city, with the same dedication.

Iugani

Village in Mirceşti commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Yugans in the hill and Yugans in the valley. First documentary mention: April 24, 1520. Demographic evolution: 1850 (385 believers); 1999 (572 families; 2223 believers); 2003 (590 families; 2262 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1953. In administration: Teţcani, with a first church built in 1874. The current church was built in 1983, with the dedication "Saint Teresa of the Baby Jesus". Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1863. The current church was built in 1897, with the dedication of "Saint Virgin Mary, Queen", which with some renovations still exists today.

Lespezi

Village in Gârleni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Lespesile, Lespedz, Hungarians. First documentary mention: 1781. Demographic evolution: 1850 (381 believers); 1999 (1203 families; 4286 believers); 2003 (1229 families; 4339 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1946. Branches: Buhuşi, with a church built in 1938, dedicated to the "Ascension of the Holy Cross"; Gârleni, with a church built in 1972, with the dedication "The Most Holy Heart of Jesus"; Berdila, with a church built in 1950, dedicated to the "Birth of the Holy Virgin". Churches: The first church was built in 1830. In 1886 another brick church was built. The present church was built in 1987, with the dedication of "Saint Ana".

Luncași

Village in Hălăuceşti commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Lonca, Longa, Lunga. First documentary mention: 1776. Demographic evolution: 1777 (60 believers); 1995 (315 families; 1007 believers); 2003 (320 families; 1054 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1989. Churches: The first wooden church was built at the end of the 19th century, between 1894-1900. The present church, dedicated to "Saint Maximilian Maria Kolbe", was built of brick in 1938.

Mircești

Village, Mirceşti commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Mercest. First documentary mention: June 7, 1455. Demographic evolution: 1995 (295 families; 917 believers); 1999 (315 families; 994 believers); 2003 (293 families; 810 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1976. Churches: The first church was built on a slope in 1900, which withstood a series of repairs until 1980 when the current church with the dedication of "The Assumption of the Virgin Mary" was built.

Moinești

City in Bacău County. Historical names: Moeneşti, Moinesty, Moinescht. First documentary mention: October 28, 1439. Demographic evolution: 1995 (594 families; 1615 believers); 1999 (562 families; 1642 believers); 2003 (560 families; 1641 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1955. Branches: Pietrosul, with a church built in 1964, dedicated to the "Queen of the Holy Rosary"; Modârzau, without a church; Zemeş, without a church; Bolătău, without a church. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1820. In 1910 another church was builted, with the dedication of "Ascension of the Lord", used today, when a new church is under construction.

Nicorești

Village in Pârgăreşti commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Szitas, Necoreştii, Nikorestie. First documentary mention: March 11, 1581. Demographic evolution: 1850 (92 believers); 1999 (443 families; 1687 believers); 2003 (449 families; 1512 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1999. Branch: Bahna, without church. Churches: The church was built in 1910 with the patron saint "The Blessed Virgin Mary".

Oituz

Village, Oituz commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Grozeşti, Grosest, Gorzofalva, Grozăşti. First documentary mention: March 15, 1410. Demographic evolution: 1643 (3 families; 13 believers); 1646 (14 families; 69 believers); 1762 (70 families; 359 believers); 1999 (1611 families; 4733 believers); 2003 (1635 families; 4700 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1854. Branch: Saw, with a church built in 1951, dedicated to "Saint Teresa of the Infant Jesus". Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1734, dedicated to the "Assumption". In 1806, the small church was built, which is today in the garden of the old parish house. In 1854 another stone church was built, which lasted until the First World War when it was destroyed during the fighting in the area. After the war, the current church was built of stone, in 1924, dedicated to the "Holy Trinity".

Oțeleni

Village, Oţeleni commune, Iaşi county. Historical names: Ozzelen, Oţăleni. First documentary mention: 1446. Demographic evolution: 1801 (7 families; 37 believers); 1999 (682 families; 2250 believers); 2003 (714 families; 2234 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1852. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1838. In 1871 another church was built, so that in 1954 the current church was built, dedicated to "Saints Joachim and Anna".

Pârgărești

Village, Pârgăreşti commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Părgăreşti, Tiseşti, Szollogyi. The first documentary mention: the 18th century. Demographic evolution: 1850 (226 believers); 1999 (387 families; 1141 believers); 2003 (361 families; 1107 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1987. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1790. The current church was built in 1988, dedicated to the "Holy Virgin Mary, Queen".

Piatra Neamț

Municipality, Neamţ county. Historical names: Piatra lui Crăciun, Piatra. The first documentary mention: the 15th century. Demographic evolution: 1643 (3 families; 10 believers); 1850 (185 believers); 1999 (1286 families; 3771 believers); 2003 (1432 families; 4026 believers). Ecclesiastical organization. Parishes: Parish: "Saint Joseph the Worker", founded in 1950; Branches: Bicaz, without church, with a chapel arranged at the beginning of the 20th century; Savinesti, without a church; Vaduri; without a church. Parish: "Saint Teresa of the Infant Jesus", founded in 1996, with a church under construction. Branch: Dochia, with a church built in 1930, dedicated to the "Holy Trinity". Churches: The first church is mentioned at the beginning of the 17th century, a church that appears to have been destroyed in a report from 1643. In 1856 a chapel dedicated to "Saint Ferdinand of Castile" will be built. Between 1893 and 1895, the Catholic church was built, dedicated to "Saint Joseph the Worker", amplified and renovated between 1936-1939, continuing with a series of repairs to this day. A Catholic church dedicated to "Saint Teresa of the Infant Jesus" is currently being built.

Ploscuțeni

Village in Homocea commune, Vrancea county. Historical names: Ploskuzeni, Ploscuţănii. The first documentary mention: the 18th century. Demographic evolution: 1850 (321 believers); 1999 (690 families; 2260 believers); 2003 (700 families; 2000 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1953. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1828. The current church was built in 1927, dedicated to the "Exaltation of the Holy Cross".

Poiana Negri

Village in Negri commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Poiana lui Cautiş, Poiana lui Iuraşcu. First documentary mention: May 10, 1436. Demographic evolution: 1995 (396 families; 1389 believers); 1999 (428 families; 1382 believers); 2003 (410 families; 1363 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1968. Branches: Mâgla, with a church built in 1942, dedicated to "Saint George"; Blacks, without church; Călineşti, without church; The bear, without a church; Burchi, no church. Churches: The first church, dedicated to "Saint Martin" was built in 1843. The current church was built in 1942, dedicated to "Saint Anton of Padua".

Pustiana

Village, Pârjol commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Pustana, Kompen, Pustiena, Pustiian. First documentary mention: January 11, 1781. Demographic evolution: 1995 (739 families; 2105 believers); 1999 (730 families; 2083 believers); 2003 (756 families; 2113 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1880. Branch: Pârjol, without church. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1780. Later another church was built in 1830, which will be rebuilt from wood in 1849 after its destruction in the fire of 1848. This church lasted in time until in 1957, when the current church dedicated to "Saint Stephen" was put into use, the construction of which had begun in 1937, the works stagnating due to the war.

Rădăuți

City in Suceava County. First documentary mention: 1415. Demographic evolution: 1995 (485 families; 1057 believers); 1999 (561 families; 1201 believers); 2003 (500 families; 1126 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1792. Branches: Voievodeasa, with a first church built in 1822. The current church was built in 1850, dedicated to the "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul"; Putna, with a church built in 1930, dedicated to the "Descent of the Holy Spirit"; Falcău, with a church built in 1915, dedicated to the "Sacred Heart of Jesus"; Ţibeni, with a church built in 1893; Clit, with a church built in 1928, dedicated to the "Exaltation of the Holy Cross"; Gura Putnei, with the first church built in 1825. The current church was built in 1900, dedicated to the "Visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary"; Galanesti, without a church. Churches: The first church was built in 1816. Between 1823 and 1835, the current church was built, which, with a series of repairs and renovations, in 1889, 1923, 1960, is still in operation today.

Rotunda

Village in Doljeşti commune, Neamţ county. Historical names: Rotonda. First documentary mention: 1792. Demographic evolution: 1792 (12 families; 58 believers); 1850 (296 believers); 1999 (511 families; 2692 believers); 2003 (525 families; 1684 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1957. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1852. Between 1890 and 1893, a brick church was built, rebuilt and enlarged between 1971-1973, dedicated to "Saint Francis of Assisi".

Sagna

Village, Sagna commune, Neamţ county. First documentary mention: September 3, 1428. Demographic evolution: 1777 (90 believers); 1999 (794 families; 2881 believers); 2003 (837 families; 2969 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1958. Branch: Piscu Rusului, without church. Churches: The first wooden church, dedicated to "Saint John the Baptist", was built in 1830. The current church, dedicated to the "Ascension of the Lord", was built in 1904, being enlarged and redeveloped in 1968 and 1980.

Satu Nou

Village in Bâra commune, Neamţ county. Historical names: Novus pagus, Rediu, Balomireşti, Carol II. First documentary mention: 1893. Demographic evolution: 1995 (208 families; 750 believers); 1999 (215 families; 790 believers); 2003 (225 families; 817 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1992. Churches: The first cobweb church was built in 1900. The current brick church, dedicated to the "Holy Virgin Mary of Sorrows", was built in 1957.

Săbăoani

Village, Săbăoani commune, Neamţ county. Historical names: Săboani, Szabofalva. First documentary mention: 1599. Demographic evolution: 1646 (44 families); 1762 (75 families; 335 believers); 1807 (680 families; 3448 believers); 1866 (579 families; 2383 believers); 1900 (848 families; 3414 believers); 1946 (1340 families; 5371 believers); 2003 (3100 families; 13800 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1862. In the administration: Săbăoani II, founded in 1995, with a church built in 2001, dedicated to the “Exaltation of the Holy Cross”. Churches: The first wooden church is mentioned in 1599 in the old hearth of the settlement. In 1741 the first wooden church on the new hearth of the village is mentioned. In the 19th century, a new church was built, consecrated in 1843. Between 1894 and 1902, the current church was built, dedicated to "Saint Michael", a church that still survives today, with some repairs and renovations. In 2001, another church was built dedicated to the "Ascension of the Holy Cross".

Săveni

Village in Gropniţa commune, Iaşi county. Historical names: Adămeşti, Adămeşti-Săveni, Singerii. First documentary mention: 1921. Demographic evolution: 1995 (206 families; 908 believers); 1999 (237 families; 915 believers); 2003 (246 families; 910 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1951. Branch: Iazu Vechi, with a church built in 1942, dedicated to "Saint Anton of Padua". Churches: The first church was built of cobwebs in 1924. In 1953 another adobe church will be built, which will be rebuilt from brick in 1973, dedicated to "Saint Michael".

Siret

City in Suceava County. Historical names: Sereth. First documentary mention: 1334. Demographic evolution: 1995 (259 families; 741 believers); 1999 (298 families; 863 believers); 2003 (281 families; 807 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Former Episcopate established in 1371. Parish founded in 1777. Branches: Vicşani, with a church built in 1910, dedicated to the "Holy Virgin Mary, Queen of Poland"; Dorneşti, with a church built in 1796, dedicated to the "Assumption"; Vascus, without church; Mihaileni, with a church built in 1901, dedicated to the "Body of the Lord"; Baineţ, with a church built in 1890, dedicated to "Christ, King of the Universe"; The monastery, with a chapel in the cemetery, built in 1920, dedicated to "Saint Onofrei". Churches: In 1340 we have information on the existence of a church belonging to the Franciscan monastery in the city. After 1371, a Dominican monastery and a church related to it will be built, dedicated to the "Birth of St. John the Baptist". The current church was built in 1800, dedicated to the "Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary". Inside the cemetery of this church there is also a chapel built of brick in 1878.

Solonețu Nou

Village in Cacica commune, Suceava county. First documentary mention: 1783. Demographic evolution: 1783 (30 families); 1999 (326 families; 1043 believers); 2003 (370 families; 1040 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1924. Branches: Pleşa, with a church built in 1904, dedicated to "Saint Anne"; Racova, without church; Solca, without a church; Arbore, without church; Poieni Solca, without church. Churches: The first church was built in 1849. The current church, dedicated to the "Descent of the Holy Spirit", was built in 1935.

Stufu

Village in Sănduleni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Stuhul, Orosz-Patak, Orăşa. First documentary mention: 1861. Demographic evolution: 1995 (250 families; 813 believers); 1999 (297 families; 918 believers); 2003 (297 families; 918 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1987. Branches: Orchards (Valea Rea), with a church built in 1925, dedicated to "Saint Elizabeth"; Verşeşti, with a first church built in 1850, dedicated to the "Name of the Blessed Virgin Mary". In 1891 the construction of a new church begins, which will last until 1995 when the current church dedicated to the "Assumption" will be built; Sanduleni, without church; Turluiului Valley, without church; The city, without a church. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1861. The current cobweb church, dedicated to "Saint Michael", was built in 1940.

Șcheia

Village in Alexandru Ioan Cuza commune, Iaşi county. Historical names: Skea, Şchee. First documentary mention: March 6, 1426. Demographic evolution: 1777 (70 believers); 1999 (344 families; 1255 believers); 2003 (378 families; 1376 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1969. Branch: Alexandru Ioan Cuza, without church. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1820. In 1902 a new wall church was built. The current church, dedicated to the "Exaltation of the Holy Cross", was built in 1974.

Talpa

Village in Bârgăoani commune, Neamţ county. First documentary mention: April 9, 1762. Demographic evolution: 1762 (26 families; 111 believers); 1999 (243 families; 641 believers); 2003 (243 families; 641 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1991. Branches: Breaza, with a church built in 1995, dedicated to the "Queen of the Holy Rosary"; David, with a church built in 1971, dedicated to the "Descent of the Holy Spirit"; Văleni, with a church built in 1960, dedicated to the "Exaltation of the Holy Cross". Churches: The first church was built between 1761-1763, made of wood, later renovated in 1813. In 1828 a new church will be built, which will last until 1980, the year of construction of the current church, dedicated to "The Holy Apostles Peter and Paul ”.

Tărâța

Village in Pârjol commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Gura Solonti alias Taritza, Gura Solonţului. The first documentary mention: the 18th century. Demographic evolution: 1840 (25 families; 119 believers); 1999 (181 families; 583 believers); 2003 (186 families; 564 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 2000. Branches: Cucuieţi, with a church built in 1920, dedicated to the “Exaltation of the Holy Cross”; Bogdăneşti (Râpa Epii), with a church built in 1935, dedicated to the "Assumption"; Churches: The first church, made of cobwebs, was built in 1846. The current church, also made of cobwebs, dedicated to the "Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary", was built in 1948.

Târgu Ocna

City in Bacău County. Historical names: Okna, Ocnii City, Stoieneşti. First documentary mention: March 15, 1410. Demographic evolution: 1850 (102 believers); 1999 (364 families; 1271 believers); 2003 (384 families; 1312 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1986. Branch: Gura Slănic, with a church built in 1936, dedicated to "Saint George". Churches: The first church was built in 1941, dedicated to the "Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary". In 1992, a new church dedicated to the "Change of Face" was built.

Tecuci

Municipality in Galati county. Historical names: Takucs. The first documentary mention: the 18th century. Demographic evolution: 1999 (113 families; 288 believers); 2003 (101 families; 303 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1996. Branches: Marasesti, with a chapel built in 1996, dedicated to "Saint Anton of Padua"; Doaga, no church. In the administration: Panciu, without church. Churches: The first chapel was arranged in a building in 1940. The current church, dedicated to the "Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary", has been under construction since 1991.

Tomești

Village, Tomeşti commune, Iaşi county. The first documentary mention: the 18th century. Demographic evolution: 1999 (85 families; 280 believers); 2003 (157 families; 636 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1997. Branch: Dancu, without church. Churches: The Roman Catholic Church dedicated to "Blessed Jeremiah the Wallachian".

Traian

Village, Traian commune, Bacău county. First documentary mention: 1879. Demographic evolution: 1995 (431 families; 1158 believers); 1999 (380 families; 1177 believers); 2003 (360 families; 1305 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1969. Branch: Zăpodia, with a church built in 1977, dedicated to the "Queen of the Holy Rosary". Churches: The first church was built between 1911 and 1913, being renovated in 1977, dedicated to "Saint Joseph the Worker".

Tuta

Village in Târgu Trotuş commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Tutova, Diosegh. First documentary mention: October 8, 1823. Demographic evolution: 1850 (246 believers); 1999 (600 families; 2300 believers); 2003 (644 families; 2407 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1987. Churches: The first church was built in 1866. The current brick church, dedicated to the "Queen of the Holy Rosary", was built in 1926.

Valea Mare

Village in Faraoani commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Valle Mare, Lunga, Nagy Patak. First documentary mention: April 9, 1762. Demographic evolution: 1762 (18 families; 87 believers); 1777 (250 believers); 1850 (1497 believers); 1900 (451 families; 1575 believers); 1947 (568 families; 2080 believers); 2003 (778 families; 2146 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1953. Churches: At the end of the 17th century, the Catholic inhabitants of Faraoani left the old hearth of the settlement (due to the stepsons of those times) and settled on the current territory, on the current hearth of the villages of Faraoani and Valea Mare. Under these conditions, the wooden church in the cemetery, dedicated to Saint Martin, will remain outside the settlement, the cemetery continuing to be used by both the Catholic inhabitants of Faraoani and Valea Mare. In the meantime, steps are being taken to build another church. This church will be built on the hill between Faraoani and Valea Mare, called "Costiţa", aiming to use it equally by the inhabitants of the two settlements. The construction of the church began, according to the parish administration's books, on October 18, 1820. The church was made of beams on a stone foundation. Efforts to built this cult edifice have spanned several years. The church built in 1820 underwent a series of repairs in time until 1858-1860, when it was demolished and divided between the inhabitants of Faraoani and Valea Mare. From a report from March 8, 1833 of the apostolic visitor from Moldavia, Fr. Petru Rafael Arduini, we find out that “Fr. Zamoyski stayed […] for a year in Valea Mare, where he built a new church ”. We can consider this news as the first attestation of a church in Valea Mare. Considering the fact that in the same period there was still the common church on Costita, we believe that these churches were used equally. In support of the existence in 1832 of a church in Valea Mare we also bring the description of the apostolic visitor, Fr. Giuseppe Tomassi, from 1858 who, among other things, said: “... Valle Mare. Village. The parish church dedicated to the Holy Spirit, built of wood in 1832 ... has no branch, only a chapel / Cappellina / dedicated to Saint Bishop Martin, builted in the cemetery, which church is common to the neighboring village of Faraoani ... ”. As for the church in Valea Mare, from 1832, built of beams on a stone foundation, it will be demolished in the summer of 1920, and on September 15, 1922, Monsignor Cisar, Roman Catholic bishop of Iaşi, laid the foundation stone for the new church to be built of stone and brick. The works will be completed in 1926, this church that still exists today, being built in Tuscan style, with the bell tower separate from the church. Over time, it suffered from earthquakes, especially those of November 10, 1940 and March 4, 1977, but always rebuilt with the care and contribution of believers and priests, the church dedicated to St. Michael.

Văleni

Village in Parincea commune, Bacău county. The first documentary mention: the beginning of the 19th century. Demographic evolution: 1850 (245 believers); 1894 (73 families); 1924 (103 families; 509 believers); 1937 (142 families; 611 believers); 1948 (147 families; 651 believers); 2003 (630 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1840. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1844, dedicated to "Saint John of Nepomuk". From the report of December 10, 1858 about the visit of the Apostolic Mission of Moldavia made by the Apostolic Visitor General Giuseppe Tomassi and sent to Cardinal A. Barnabo, Prefect of the Holy Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith, we find the following: “Văleni. Village. Church dedicated to Saint John of Nepomuk. Parish since 1840. Rebuilt of stone this year by the care of Fr. Leopoldo Rossi, the current parish priest. It has five branches in the villages of Gioseni, Găiceana, Horgeşti, Vladnik and Ketriş […] Number of souls 3203 ”. (Anton Coşa, Catholic Communities in Moldova. Horgeşti and Văleni, in the Almanac “Presa Bună”, Iaşi, 2001, pp. 159-172). The current parish church in Văleni, dedicated to the “Transfiguration of Jesus”, was built in 1938, built of brick, with tiles, 28 m long, 9 m wide, 15 m high, with the height of the 28 m ”(Bacău National Archives, Văleni Roman Catholic Parish Fund, file no. 1, 1929, fol. 64 r.). We insert below, extracted from the archival funds, even the Document of the Church from Văleni drawn up on September 28, 1938 on the occasion of the beginning of the construction works: “† In the name of the Lord In the days of the great pontiff Pius XI, pope of Rome, and of the glorious reign of M.S. To King Carol II of Romania, when the peace of Europe was endangered due to the Czechoslovak issue and the restless world due to the uncertainty of future events, the foundation stone of this holy church in Văleni village, Bacău county, was consecrated and placed God, in honor of St. John Nepomuk, the martyr, by His Excellency Mons. Mihai Robu, Diocesan Bishop of Iaşi, being present the priests below and many believers who came from everywhere to be present at this ceremony held in Văleni on September 28, the year of salvation 1938. † Mihai Robu - bishop of Iaşi Father Albert Weber - parish priest of Văleni Father Gheorghe Petz - parish priest of Butea Fr Frantz Hojden - parish priest of Cleja Father Anton Petz - parish priest of Răchiteni Father Anton Matieş - O.M.C. Father Eduard Zujat - Episcopal Secretary ”.

Adjudeni

Village in the commune Tămăşeni, Neamţ county. Historical names: Agiudeni, Giudiani, Dzidafalva, Giudeno, Giudena. First documentary mention: February 16, 1603. Demographic evolution: 1646 (100 believers); 1696 (56 believers); 1745 (15 Catholic families); 1762 (30 houses with 148 souls); 1901 (264 families with 1042 believers); 1940 (467 families with 1818 believers); 2003 (1271 families with 5835 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1776. Church: The first wooden church in Adjudeni was built in 1776. The next church, also wooden, was built in 1810, replacing the previous one. The first wall church was built in Adjudeni during 1875. This church will be modified between 1927-1928, continuing to exist until 1972-1974. In these years, following the construction around it of a new, larger church, completed in 1986, it will be included in it. The dedication of the Catholic church in Adjudeni is "Descent of the Holy Spirit".

Bacău

Municipality in the county of Bacău. Historical names: Baccovia, Bachovia. First documentary mention: 1391-1392. Demographic evolution: 1885 (209 families; 811 believers); 1895 (214 families; 850 believers); 1926 (248 families; 888 believers); 1946 (350 families; 1100 believers); 1968 (670 families; 2520 believers); 1983 (3925 families; 13840 believers); 2003 (5942 families; 22729 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Former Episcopate between 1391/1392 - 1818. Parishes: "The Blessed Ieremia Valahul", with a church built in 1991; "Holy Cross", with a church under construction since 1992; "Saint Nicholas", with a first church built in 1846. In 1992 a new church was built, next to the old one, with the same dedication; "Izvoare", with a first church, made of wood, built in 1886. In 1948 the present church was built with the dedication of "Saint Francis of Assisi". Churches: In the city of Bacău there was a Franciscan monastery from the 14th century which also had a church annexed with the dedication of "Saint Virgin." In 1676, because of the river Bistriţa, the church was surmounted, a large part coming under water. Studying the historical sources that refer to the city of Bacău, we found that they remind here of the existence of two Catholic churches, namely: one with the dedication of "Saint Virgin" (the episcopal cathedral) and the second with the dedication "Saint Nicholas" (the future parish church). The last one in the place where it is today, obviously suffering in time a series of restorations and reconstructions. After the episcopal cathedral was overthrown, the worship center of the Catholics from the city of Bacău will become the church with the dedication of "Saint Nicholas". In 1728 a new church will be built on its site, whose continuation will be questioned in 1835. Therefore, in 1836 the Prefect of the Apostolic Mission of Moldova, Father Carol Magni, requested the Holy Congregation for Propaganda to start the construction of another Catholic church in the city of Bacău. However, the construction work of the church will begin only in 1839, under the same perimeter, under the leadership of the new Prefect of the Apostolic Mission of Moldova, Petru Rafael Arduini, being consecrated on December 6, 1846. Next to this church, which continues today, in 1992 , a new church was built with all the dedication "Saint Nicholas".

Barticești

Village in Boteşti commune, Neamt county. Historical names: Bartika. The first documentary mention: The village was formed by the arrival of inhabitants from Transylvania, in the second half of the eighteenth century. We first meet the name on February 1, 1790. Demographic evolution: 1995 (541 families; 2018 believers); 1999 (745 families; 2452 believers); 2003 (744 families; 2577 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1946. Branches: Botești, without church. In administration: Gherăeştii Noi, with a church built in 1958, with the dedication "Holy Virgin Mary, Queen of May". Churches: The first church was built of wood in 1832. In 1893 the present church was built, modified several times in time, being extended in 1969-1970, with the dedication of "Saint Joseph the Worker".

Bălușești

Village, Icuşeşti commune, Neamt county. Historical names: Balosesti, Balasesti. First documentary mention: March 8, 1422. Demographic evolution: 1803 (17 inhabitants); 1854 (40 families); 1995 (433 families; 1512 believers); 1999 (474 ​​families; 1679 believers); 2003 (487 families; 1708 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1955. Branches: Recea, with a church built in 1953, with the dedication "Cutting the Head of Saint John the Baptist"; Ion Creanga, without a church. Churches: The first church dates from 1856, built with the support of the consul Wilhelm von Kotzebue, the owner of the village. In the parish archive there is an interesting document, written in Latin, from which we find that: in the year of Lord 1854, on the first Friday, our Roman-Catholic believers from Băluşeşti, 35 families from Săbăoani and 5 families from Barticeşti bought this land from the prior Magnificent Wilhelm Kotzebue, from whose dedication this church was built in honor of Saint John Nepomuc in 1856, whose first administrator I was. P. Valentin Ferenczij, parish of Tămăşeni. This church will last until 1977, when it will be fully amplified and rebuilt, with the dedication of "The Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary".

Berzunți

Village, Berzunţi commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Berzunţul, Bersunte, Berzonţul. First documentary mention: 1570. Demographic evolution: 1840 (37 families; 160 believers); 1995 (379 families; 1175 believers); 1999 (399 families; 1220 believers); 2003 (398 families; 1216 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1952 Branches: Turluianu, with a church built in 1925, with the dedication "The Sacred Heart of Jesus"; Bălăneasa, with a church built in 1890, dedicated to "The Birth of Saint John the Baptist"; Prăjoaia, without church; Moreni, without church; Scăriga; without church; Dragomiru, without church; Bereşti-Tazlău, without a church; Helegiu, no church. Churches: The first church was built in 1831, and was later replaced with another in 1860. The current church was built in 1954, with the dedication of "the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin."

Botoșani

Municipality, Botosani County. Historical names: Botuszan, Târgul Doamnei. The first documentary mention: the sixteenth century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (262 families; 695 believers); 1999 (283 families; 717 believers); 2003 (289 families; 723 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1843. Branches: Dorohoi, with a church built in 1905, dedicated to "Saint Joseph the Worker"; Bucecea, without church. Churches: In 1836 a Catholic chapel was built in 1847 the first Catholic church was built, with the dedication "The Birth of Saint John the Baptist", a church amplified and modified in its current form in 1872.

Buhonca

Village, Doljeşti commune, Neamt county. Historical names: Buhonka. First documentary mention: 1801. Demographic evolution: 1801 (10 families; 42 believers); 1999 (206 families; 783 believers); 2003 (209 families; 730 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1996. Churches: In 1874 we have information about the existence of a chapel in Buhonka. The present brick church was built in 1939, with the dedication of the "Ascension of the Holy Cross".

Butea

Village, Butea commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Miclusius, Nicloseni. First documentary mention: The Catholic community is attested in the second half of the eighteenth century. The place-name has been used in statistics in its current form since the 20th century, until then the name of Miclăuseni was used, although in the local population the name Butea has always been used. The settlement of Miclăuseni is documented since the fifteenth century, being donated by Alexandru cel Bun as a estate to the Vlachian Miclăus (to whom his name will be perpetuated), important ruler of Moldavia. Demographic evolution: 1762 (38 families; 171 believers); 1777 (350 believers); 1995 (1105 families; 3760 believers); 2003 (1115 families; 3548 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1789. Branch: Miclăuseni, without church. Churches: The first church was built in 1826, continuing until 1920 when a new church was built, rebuilt in its current full form, between 1977-1980, with the dedication of "The Most Holy Trinity".

Călugăreni

Village in the composition of Dămieneşti commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Kalughereni. First documentary mention: July 2, 1622. Demographic evolution: 1835 (93 houses); 1850 (279 believers); 1995 (296 families; 1140 believers); 2003 (344 families; 996 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1975. Branch: Roşiori, with a first church built in 1837. The current church was built in 1976, with the dedication "Queen of the Holy Rosary". Churches: The first church, from the side, was built in 1837. The work on the present church began in the inter-war period, being almost completed in 1947, but completed in 1970.

Chetriș

Village, Tamaşi commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Ketrest, Ketris. The first documentary mention: the 18th century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (296 families; 833 believers); 1999 (304 families; 942 believers); 2003 (297 families; 1024 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1986. Branches: Tamas, with a church built in 1874, dedicated to the "Birth of the Holy Virgin"; Furnicari, with a church built in 1935, dedicated to the "Queen of the Holy Rosary". Churches: The first church was built from the front in 1836, dedicated to "Saint Michael the Archangel". Later, another church was built, from the beams, in 1951. The current church was built in 1995.

Cireșoaia

Suburbia of Slănic Moldova, Bacău County. Historical names: St. Ana, Slănic-Cerdac, Slănic-Sf. Ana, Slanik. The first documentary mention: the 19th century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (610 families; 2015 believers); 1999 (630 families; 2041 believers); 2oo3 (606 families; 2155 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1968. Churches: The first church was built from the slope in 1841. In 1922 the foundation stone of new churches was laid, from carved stone, the works being much made difficult by the stained-glass windows of the times, the completion being recorded only in 1946, when it was put into use.

Ciugheș

Village in the village of Palanca, Bacău county. Historical names: Csuges, Ciugies. The first documentary mention: The community was formed after the arrival of some emigrants from Transylvania, in the eighteenth century. Demographic evolution: 1835 (13 families); 1840 (32 families; 144 believers); 1999 (554 families; 1564 believers); 2003 (598 families; 1658 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1941. Branch: Lever, without church. Churches: In 1840 the existence of a chapel dedicated to "the Blessed Virgin Mary" is mentioned. In 1850 the church is built, built of beams, in the middle of the cemetery, a place of worship that, with some subsequent repairs and arrangements, still exists today. In 2000 the present church was built, with the dedication "Saint Mary of the Snow".

Coman

Village, Sanduleni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Koman. First documentary mention: January 28, 1409. Demographic evolution: 1995 (362 families; 1257 believers); 1999 (430 families; 1409 believers); 2003 (437 families; 1619 believers); Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1968. Branches: Petricica, with a first church built in 1842. In 1960 another church was built so that in 1991 the current church with the dedication of "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul" will be built; Bârzuleşti, with a church built in 1995, with the dedication "Most Holy Trinity"; Turluiului Valley, without church; Olareşti, without a church; Popescu, without church; Sanduleni, without a church; Prisaca, without a church. Churches: The first church was built in 1879. In 1928 another church was built, in order, in 1991 to build the present church with the dedication of "Saint Virgin Mary, Queen".

Comănești

City in Bacău County. Historical names: Komanest, Komanyfalva, Komanesty. First documentary mention: June 23, 1606. Demographic evolution: 1995 (372 families; 1316 believers); 1999 (380 families; 1306 believers); 2003 (363 families; 1267 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1989. Branches: Vermeşti, with a first church built in 1910. The current church was built in 1993, with the dedication of "Descent of the Holy Spirit"; Asău, no church. Churches: The first church was built in 1840, later restored in 1872. The current stone church was built in 1925, with the dedication of "Saint Anton of Padua".

Cotnari

Village, Cotnari commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Kuthnar, Kotnar. First documentary mention: 1420. Demographic evolution: 1599 (198 families; 1083 believers); 1995 (225 families; 674 believers); 1999 (241 families; 745 believers); 2003 (245 families; 745 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish mentioned in 1599. Branches: Harlau, with a church built in 1950, dedicated to the "Birth of the Holy Virgin"; Deleni, with a chapel buit in 1992, with the dedication "Holy Heart of Jesus". In administration: Belceşti, with a church built in 1910, dedicated to the "Saint Teresa of the Baby Jesus". Branches: Iosupeni, with a church built in 1948, with the dedication "Queen of the Holy Rosary"; Arman, no church. Churches: The relations regarding the Catholic community in Cotnari are mentioned here by the existence of four churches. It is about the current wooden church in the cemetery, the large, Gothic church, whose ruins are still seen today, the church with the "Saint Leonard" dedication, as well as the church with the "Saint Urban" dedication. The present Roman Catholic church in Cotnari, with the dedication of "The Ascension of the Holy Cross", was initially a chapel built around 1900, later enlarged and modified several times, since 1985, acquiring the characteristics of today's church.

Dofteana

Village, Dofteana commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Doftona, Dohtana, Doftena. First documentary mention: September 8, 1436. Demographic evolution: 1850 (120 believers); 1995 (453 families; 1542 believers); 2003 (491 families; 1603 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1990. Branches: Bogata, with a first church built in 1885, the current church being built later, in 1937, with the dedication of "Ascension of the Holy Cross"; Păcuri, with a first church built in 1886, the present church being built in 1946, with the dedication of "Saint Francis of Assisi". Churches: The first church was built in 1850. In 1947 another church was built, from the beams, so that, in 1999, the new church would be built, dedicated to Saint Michael.

Fălticeni

City in Suceava County. Historical names: Folticeni. First documentary mention: 1780. Demographic evolution: 1840 (40 families); 1850 (100 believers); 1995 (102 families; 257 believers); 2003 (92 families; 201 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1950. Branches: Dumbrava, with church built in 1936, dedicated to "Saints Ioachim and Ana"; Cornu Luncii, with a church built in 1862, with the dedication "Queen of the Holy Rosary"; Sasca, without church; Dolhasca, no church. Churches: The first church, which continues today, was built in 1858 with the contribution of Dr. Diaconovitz.

Florești

Village in Scorţeni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Serbs, Szerbek. The first documentary mention: the 19th century. Demographic evolution: 1840 (32 families); 1995 (330 families; 896 believers); 2003 (370 families; 1089 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1965. Branches: Strugari, with a church built in 1912, with the dedication of "Saint Ana"; Enăcheşti, with a church built in 1925, with the dedication "Change in the face of Jesus"; Răchitiş, with a church built in 1960, dedicated to "Saint Anton of Padua"; Ardeoani, with a church built in 1927, with the dedication "Most Holy Trinity"; Tescani, without church; Scorteni, without church; Nadişa, without a church. Churches: The first church was built in 1840. It resisted until 1932 when another church from the front was built. In 2002, the current church was built, with the dedication "Saint Virgin Mary, Queen".

Focuri

Village, Focuri commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Pragory, Pragora. First documentary mention: 1864. Demographic evolution: 1884 (16 families; 71 believers); 1995 (199 families; 748 believers); 2003 (185 families; 627 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1968. Branches: Fântânele Vechi, with a church built in 1910, dedicated to "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul"; Fântânele Noi, with a church built in 1930, with the dedication of "Our Lady of Mercy". Churches: The first church was built in 1888 from the backdrop. Between 1970-1974 the concrete and brick church was built, so that in 1995 the present church would be built with the dedication of "The Assumption of the Virgin Mary".

Fundu Răcăciuni

Village in Răcăciuni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Rekecsin Superior. The first documentary mention: the beginning of the 19th century. Demographic evolution: 1850 (400 believers); 1995 (501 families; 2019 believers); 2003 (473 families; 1867 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1940. In administration: Fundu Răcăciuni-II, without church. Churches: The first church was built of wood in 1807. Another church, also made of wood, was built in 1848, being demolished in 1930 when the present church was built with the dedication of "Saint Virgin Mary, Help of Christians".

Galbeni

Village in Nicolae Bălcescu commune, Bacău county. Historical names: La Zechoi, Trunk, Trunki alias Galbin. First documentary mention: February 17, 1698. Demographic evolution: 1777 (150 believers); 1995 (318 families; 1,330 believers); 2003 (392 families; 1358 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1984. Churches: The first church was built in 1836. In 1905 a new church was built, made of brick, later rebuilt and arranged in 1984, with the dedication of "Saint Joseph the Worker".

Gherăiești

Village, Gherăeşti commune, Neamt county. Historical names: Birăieşti, Bireste, Gireste, Ghiriest. First documentary mention: April 25, 1552. Demographic evolution: 1745 (13 families); 1762 (18 families; 62 believers); 1777 (550 believers); 1995 (1316 families; 4416 believers); 2003 (1380 families; 3912 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1868. Churches: The first church was built of wood in 1776. In 1861 a church of stone and brick was builted. The present church was built between 1904-1907, being enlarged in 1984, with the dedication of "The Body of Jesus".

Gura Humorului

City in Suceava County. Historical names: Gurahumora. The first documentary mention: the 18th century. Demographic evolution: 1785 (332 believers); 1824 (699 believers); 1913 (4823 believers); 1927 (4766 believers); 1935 (7600 believers); 1999 (390 families; 924 believers); 2003 (306 families; 670 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1785. Branches: Frasin, with a church built in 1888, dedicated to the "Birth of the Holy Virgin"; Păltinoasa, with a church built in 1912, dedicated to the "Ascension of the Lord"; Voronet, without church; The Monastery of Humor, without a church; Capu Câmpului, without church; Capu Codrului, without church; Valea Moldovei, with a church built in 1891, dedicated to "Saint Dumitru"; Măzănăești, without church. In administration: Stulpicani, with a church built in 1903, with the dedication "Ascension of the Holy Cross". Branches: Oyster, without church; Vadu Negrilesei, without a church. Churches: In 1784 the first wooden chapel was built. In 1811 the works were completed at the wall church, enlarged and later refurbished.

Horgești

Village, Horgeşti commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Horgyesti. First documentary mention: March 15, 1490. Demographic evolution: 1850 (400 believers); 1894 (133 families); 1924 (170 families; 826 believers); 1937 (227 families; 914 believers); 1948 (230 families; 1044 believers); 1999 (408 families; 1645 believers); 2003 (421 families; 1645 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1986. Branch: Galeri, with a church built in 1920, dedicated to the "Ascension of the Holy Cross". Churches: The first church, made of wood, was built in 1846, dedicated to "Saint Ana". Between 1927-1930 a new church will be built, dedicated to "The Assumption of the Virgin Mary". From the archival documents I learned that the church in Horgeşti is "walled, covered with galvanized sheet, 30 m long, 9.50 m wide and 8 m high". (Bacău National Archives, Fund. Catholic Parish of Valeni, file no. 1, 1929, fol. 59r.). With some repairs determined especially by the earthquakes of 1940, 1977 and 1986, this church was used until 2003 when it was demolished and a new church was built in its place.

Iași

Municipality, Iasi County. Historical names: Isski, Iessmarkt, Jasso, Iassi. First documentary mention: 1387-1392. Demographic evolution: 1646 (65 families; 300 believers); 1696 (116 believers); 1777 (170 believers); 1999 (3050 families; 9287 believers); 2003 (3254 families; 9413 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Current episcopal residence, established in 1884. Parishes: "The Assumption of the Virgin Mary," established in 1818, with a church built in 1789; “Saint Anton de Padova”, founded in 1996, with a church built in 1991; (with the Valea Lupului branch, without a church); "Saint Teresa of the Baby Jesus", established in 1995, with a church built in 1992. Churches: We do not have clear information on the date of the construction of the first Catholic church in Iasi. We only have news about its existence in the interval between the XV-XVIII centuries. It is certain that this church was repeatedly destroyed and restored, so that at the beginning of the eighteenth century, steps were already being taken to build a new church, whose approval was obtained in 1746. Unfortunately it had to be torn down. from the command of leader of Moldova. A new approval for the built of a Catholic church was obtained in 1753, a church built of wood, being mentioned in 1762 as having a special beauty, but it will be burned by fire in a fire in 1766. In 1782 construction began. to a wall church, the works ending in 1789. This church will continue, with some repairs, renovations and refurbishments to this day, the church continuing to carry the dedication of "The Assumption of the Virgin Mary". In 1991 the church with the dedication of "Saint Anton of Padua" will be built, and in 1992 the church will be builted with the "Saint Teresa of the Baby Jesus".

Izvoarele

Village in Mirceşti commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Satu Nou Sturza. First documentary mention: 1890. Demographic evolution: 1901 (23 families; 107 believers); 1910 (52 families; 222 believers); 1932 (146 families; 615 believers); 1941 (158 families; 749 believers); 1948 (174 families; 800 believers); 2003 (466 families; 1420 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1987. Churches: The work on the construction of the church with the dedication "The Change of the Face of Jesus" began in 1935 and was completed in 1946.

Lilieci

Village in Hemeiuşi commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Liliecii de Jos. First documentary mention: 1938. Demographic evolution: 1938 (42 families; 181 believers); 1999 (239 families; 712 believers); 2003 (244 families; 709 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish established in 1988. Churches: The first church was built on the site in 1947. The current church with the "Saint George" dedication was built in 1991.

Luizi-Călugăra

Village, Luizi-Călugăra commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Călugăra, Liuzi-Călugăra. First documentary mention: January 28, 1409. Demographic evolution: 1745 (42 families); 1762 (34 families; 204 believers); 1999 (1595 families; 6085 believers); 2003 (1610 families; 6094 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1741. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1741, with the dedication of "The Birth of the Virgin Mary". In 1843 the wooden church was built with the dedication of "Saint Andrew". In 1864 the first stone and brick church was built, demolished in 1941 when the present church was built with the dedication of the "Ascension of the Holy Cross".

Mărgineni

Village, Mărgineni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Hungarian Marginians, Marzinen, Morgineno. First documentary mention: April 20, 1619. Demographic evolution: 1777 (190 believers); 1850 (552 believers); 1999 (746 families; 2273 believers); 2003 (775 families; 2169 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1953. Churches: The first church was built from the slab in 1889. Between 1954-1960 the current church was built with the dedication "Saint Virgin Mary, Queen".

Mogoșești -Siret

Village, Mogoşeşti-Siret commune, Iasi county. Historical names: Mogoscest. First documentary mention: September 30, 1503. Demographic evolution: 1821 (14 families); 1999 (392 families; 1103 believers); 2003 (365 families; 1091 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1980. Branches: Cozmeşti, with a church built in 1936 with the dedication "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul"; Muncelul de Sus, with a church built in 1999, with the dedication "Change in the face of Jesus". Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1894. Between 1919- 1922, the current church will be built with the dedication of "The Sacred Heart of Jesus".

Nicolae Bălcescu

Village, Nicolae Bălcescu commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Satu Nou, Ferdinand. First documentary mention: 1923. Demographic evolution: 1923 (63 families; 256 believers); 1999 (945 families; 3988 believers); 2003 (896 families; 3586 believers). Ecclesiastical Organization: Parish founded in 1957. Churches: The first church was built from the front in 1924, being used until 1974. The current church was built in 1978, with the dedication of "The Sacred Heart of Jesus".

Nisiporești

Village in Boteşti commune, Neamţ county. Historical names: Zăpodia, Sapodia, Zepodia. First documentary mention: December 15, 1585. Demographic evolution: 1780 (18 families; 98 believers); 1999 (855 families; 2767 believers); 2003 (817 families; 2648 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1957. Branch: Târgu Neamţ, with a chapel dedicated to the "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul". In the administration: Tupilaţi, with a church built in 1930, dedicated to the "Birth of Saint John the Baptist". Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1846. The current church was built in 1910, dedicated to the "Assumption of the Blessed Virgin.

Onești

Municipality in Bacău County. Historical names: Onesty, Oneschti, Onesztie. First documentary mention: December 14, 1458. Demographic evolution: 1850 (320 believers); 1999 (2140 families; 6340 believers); 2003 (2326 families; 6350 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1956. Branches: Borzeşti, with a church built in 1943, dedicated to the "Transfiguration of Jesus"; The villages around Oneşti, without a church. In the administration: Oneşti-Sud, with a church under construction, dedicated to “Blessed Jeremiah the Wallachian”. Churches: The first church was built of wood in 1850. The current church, made of stone was built in 1920, dedicated to the "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul".

Pașcani

City in Iasi County. Historical names: Pascan. First documentary mention: 1664. Demographic evolution: 1874 (1500 believers); 1999 (449 families; 1550 believers); 2003 (401 families; 1329 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1990. Branches: Rusty, without church; Vânători-Gura Bădiliţei, without church; Sodomești, no church. Churches: The first church was built in 1879. The current church was built in 1996, dedicated to "Saint Anton of Padua".

Pildești

Village in Cordun commune, Neamţ county. Historical names: Childeşti, Pildesty, Kildesti. First documentary mention: August 24, 1585. Demographic evolution: 1777 (30 believers); 1835 (96 families); 1866 (129 families; 659 believers); 1886 (188 families; 816 believers); 1896 (211 families; 935 believers); 1926 (393 families; 1413 believers); 1946 (455 families; 1995 believers); 1999 (1205 families; 4137 believers); 2003 (1233 families; 4114 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1957. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1830, but did not last long as in 1843 it was "destroyed and rebuilt of stone" (Archivio storico della Sacra Congregatione per l'Evangelizzazione dei Popoli o "de Propaganda Fide ”, Rome, Scriturae riferite nei Congressi Moldavia (vol. 11, fol. 122), being consecrated on October 15, 1850, by Bishop Antonio de Stefano. In the conditions in which this church will become too small, in 1893 a new church will be built, dedicated to the "Assumption", which, with a series of modifications and repairs, continues to be used today.

Poiana Micului

Village in Mănăstirea Humorului commune, Suceava county. Historical names: Buchenhain. First documentary mention: 1838. Demographic evolution: 1838 (48 families); 1999 (120 families; 600 believers); 2003 (140 families; 620 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1880. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1850. The current wall church was built in 1896, dedicated to the "Sacred Heart of Jesus".

Pralea

Village in Căiuţi commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Praho, Prilea, Bralea. First documentary mention: December 6, 1755. Demographic evolution: 1850 (135 believers); 1999 (207 families; 649 believers); 2003 (207 families; 697 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1984. Churches: The first church was built in 1828. The current church was built in 1978, dedicated to the "Name of the Blessed Virgin".

Prăjești

Village in Traian commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Preschesty, Prăjăşti. First documentary mention: November 6, 1491. Demographic evolution: 1791 (21 families); 1803 (70 believers); 1999 (861 families; 2707 believers); 2003 (974 families; 2726 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1820. Branch: Bogdăneşti, with a church built in 1957, dedicated to "Saint Michael". Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1830. In 1871 a brick church was built, renovated and enlarged a few years later, in 1880. The latter church, dedicated to the "Holy Trinity", continues to be used. and today, obviously suffering over time from a series of repairs and modifications.

Răchiteni

Village in Mirceşti commune, Iaşi county. Historical names: Rochiseni, Rechetino. First documentary mention: April 24, 1520. Demographic evolution: 1641 (150 believers); 1762 (50 families; 238 believers); 1999 (563 families; 1804 believers); 2003 (571 families; 1627 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1934. Churches: Due to the frequent floods of the Siret that threatened their location, several wooden churches mentioned in 1765, 1782, 1813 were built in time. The current church was built in 1935, dedicated to "Saint Anton of Padua".

Răducăneni

Village, Răducăneni commune, Iaşi county. First documentary mention: 1816. Demographic evolution: 1995 (771 families; 2527 believers); 1999 (845 families; 2470 believers); 2003 (863 families; 2447 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1907. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1829. The current church was built in 1925, dedicated to the "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul".

Roman

Municipality in Neamţ County. Historical names: Reinsmarkt, Romsmarkt. First documentary mention: 1392. Demographic evolution: 1846 (80 families); 1849 (150 families); 1995 (3180 families; 11,300 believers); 1999 (3524 families; 12402 believers); 2003 (3381 families; 10612 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parishes: The parish "Saint Teresa of the Infant Jesus", founded in 1952, with a church built in 1942. The parish "Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin", founded in 1996, with a church built in 1995. The parish "Blessed Jeremiah the Wallachian", founded in 1999, with a church built in 1998. Churches: We do not know the exact date of the construction of the first Catholic church in the city of Roman. However, a Catholic church is mentioned here in the 16th century. In the middle of the 19th century, a Catholic chapel was built, so that starting from 1905, the construction of the Catholic church with the patron saint "Saint Teresa of the Infant Jesus" began, the works being completed only in 1942. Later, in 1995, it will be built. the catholic church dedicated to the "Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin", and in 1998 the church dedicated to "Blessed Jeremiah the Wallachian" will be built.

Sascut Sat

Village, Sascut commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Fountains. The first documentary mention: beginning of the 19th century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (290 families; 811 believers); 1999 (301 families; 831 believers); 2003 (305 families; 917 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1978. Branch: Sascut-Târg, with a church built in 2002, dedicated to the "Assumption". Churches: The first church was built in 1804. A second church was built in 1871 from beams. The current brick church, dedicated to the "Transfiguration of Jesus", was built in 1900.

Satu Nou

Village in Pârgăreşti commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Satulnov. The first documentary mention: the 19th century. Demographic evolution: 1850 (151 believers); 1999 (524 families; 2891 believers); 2003 (513 families; 1725 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1968. Churches: The first church was built in 1890. The current walled church, dedicated to "Saint Michael", was built in 1925.

Sărata

Village in Nicolae Bălcescu commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Sarata, Talpa. First documentary mention: 1777. Demographic evolution: 1777 (30 believers); 1999 (280 families; 725 believers); 2003 (267 families; 650 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1997. Branches: Sărata Băi, without church; Dealul Nou, without a church. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1871. In 1908 a brick church will be built. The current church, dedicated to "Saint Michael", was built in 1974.

Schineni

Village in Săuceşti commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Spineni, Pineno. First documentary mention: 1777. Demographic evolution: 1777 (60 believers); 1999 (295 families; 953 believers); 2003 (269 families; 756 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1968. Branches: Bogdan Vodă, with a church built in 1958, dedicated to “Saint Michael”; Siretu, with a church built in 1959, dedicated to the "Birth of the Blessed Virgin"; Sauceşti, without church; Dumbrava, without a church. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1848. The current church, dedicated to "Saint Teresa of the Infant Jesus", was built in 1927.

Slănic Moldova

City in Bacău County. Historical names: Slănic-Sfânta Ana, Slănic-Băi, Satu Nou-Băi. First documentary mention: June 26, 1824. Demographic evolution: 1995 (302 families; 875 believers); 1999 (307 families; 1,073 believers); 2003 (296 families; 1,041 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1990. Churches: The church dedicated to the "Assumption" was built in 1943.

Slobozia

Village in Bâra commune, Neamţ county. Historical names: Petreşti, Petrestum. First documentary mention: 1813. Demographic evolution: 1850 (108 believers); 1874 (220 believers); 1999 (312 families; 974 believers); 2003 (339 families; 683 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1968. Branch: Boghicea, with a first church built in 1924. The current church was built in 1975, dedicated to the "Sacred Heart of Jesus". Churches: The first cobblestone church was built in 1871. In 1897 another walled church will be built, dedicated to the "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul", a church renovated and enlarged in 1973, taking its current form.

Somușca

Village in Cleja commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Somoska, Somoşca. First documentary mention: 1781. Demographic evolution: 1781 (15 families; 83 believers); 1800-1801 (14 families; 81 believers); 1850 (526 believers); 1999 (428 families; 1866 believers); 2003 (430 families; 1654 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1968. Churches: The first wall church was built in 1901, later suffering from the earthquakes of 1940 and 1977. In its place will be built since 1990 the current church dedicated to "St. Luke".

Suceava

City, Suceava County. Historical names: Szucsava, Sociava. First documentary mention: 1387-1392. Demographic evolution: 1599 (30 families; 153 believers); 1641 (40 families); 1940 (6000 believers); 1995 (1081 families; 2412 believers); 1999 (1091 families; 2670 believers); 2003 (1071 families; 2603 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1786. Branches: Itcani, with a church built in 1902, dedicated to "Saint Elizabeth"; Mihoveni, without church; Ipotești, without church; Lizaura, without a church. In administration: The mill, founded in 1995, with a church built in 1983, dedicated to "Saint Maximilian Maria Kolbe". Branches: Saint Elijah Village, without church; Frumoasa, without a church. Churches: The first Catholic churches are mentioned in 1599, one of them being dedicated to the "Holy Trinity". In 1820 a new church was built, dedicated to "Saint John of Nepomuk", a church that still survives today with some renovations.

Ștefan cel Mare

Village, Ştefan cel Mare commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Valea Seacă, Vale Saka, Vallesaca. First documentary mention: June 22, 1566. Demographic evolution: 1850 (153 believers); 1999 (228 families; 759 believers); 2003 (225 families; 594 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1994. Branches: Gutinaş, with a church built in 1970, dedicated to "Saint Teresa of the Infant Jesus"; Capăta, with a chapel mentioned in 1874. The first wooden church was built in 1884. The current church, made of cobwebs, was built in 1938, dedicated to the "Exaltation of the Holy Cross"; Radiana, without church; Negoesti, without church; Gârbovana, without church; Bogdana, without a church. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1830. In 1943 a new church was built, made of beams. The current walled church, dedicated to the "Descent of the Holy Spirit", was built in 1992.

Tămășeni

Village, Tămăşeni commune, Neamţ county. Historical names: Damascene. First documentary mention: October 12, 1449. Demographic evolution: 1777 (200 believers); 1999 (1159 families; 4150 believers); 2003 (1210 families; 4370 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1850. Churches: The first church is mentioned in 1646, dedicated to "Saint John the Baptist", a ruined church in 1762. On the threshold of 1800 another church was built, which was abandoned in 1862, the year of construction of a new church that will last until 1956 when the current church dedicated to the "Holy Virgin Mary, Queen" will be built.

Târgu Frumos

City in Iasi County. Historical names: Old Fair, New Fair. First documentary mention: 1763. Demographic evolution: 1995 (123 families; 470 believers); 1999 (162 families; 538 believers); 2003 (162 families; 538 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1991. Branch: Podu Iloaiei, with a church built in 1997, dedicated to the "Birth of Saint John the Baptist". Churches: The Roman Catholic Church dedicated to "Saint Anthony of Padua" is under construction.

Târgu Trotuș

Village, Târgu Trotuş commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Tataross, Tathros, Tatros. First documentary mention: October 6, 1408. Demographic evolution: 1599 (394 families); 1646 (30 families; 125 believers); 1696 (38 families); 1995 (445 families; 1363 believers); 1999 (460 families; 1349 believers); 2003 (462 families; 1342 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1600. Branches: Caraclău, with a church built in 1994, dedicated to the "Holy Trinity"; Glogosu, without church; Viişoara, without a church. Churches: The first church is mentioned in 1599, as in the other reports of Catholic missionaries to the Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. At the beginning of the 19th century, another wooden church was built, rebuilt from brick in 1844. In 1850, the current church was built, dedicated to the "Body and Blood of the Lord", which still survives today with some renovations and redevelopments.

Traian

Village in Săbăoani commune, Neamţ county. First documentary mention: 1901. Demographic evolution: 1902 (42 families; 170 believers); 1912 (65 families; 261 believers); 1932 (86 families; 356 believers); 1942 (102 families; 446 believers); 1995 (290 families; 946 believers); 1999 (336 families; 1248 believers); 2003 (342 families; 1268 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1969. Churches: The first church was built in 1920. In 1991 a new church was built dedicated to the "Holy Apostles Peter and Paul".

Trebeș

Village in Mărgineni commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Sacca, Terebes. The first documentary mention: the 15th century. Demographic evolution: 1745 (30 families); 1850 (85 believers); 1995 (345 families; 1145 believers); 1999 (349 families; 1171 believers); 2003 (347 families; 1168 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1991. Branches: Pădureni, with a first wooden church, built in 1841. In 1957 the current church was built with the patron saint "Saint Joseph the Worker"; Fântânele, without church; Luncani, without church; Valea Budului, without church; Podiș, without church. Churches: The first wooden church was built in 1745. In 1923 the cobweb church was built, which will be replaced in 1972 with the current church dedicated to "Saint Isidore the Plowman".

Valea Seacă

Village in Nicolae Bălcescu commune, Bacău county. Historical names: Bogdanfalva, Valyesak. First documentary mention: 1420. Demographic evolution: 1646 (23 families); 1777 (300 believers); 1999 (966 families; 3191 believers); 2003 (980 families; 3236 believers). Ecclesiastical organization: Parish founded in 1778. Branch: Lărguţa, with a first church built in 1889. In 1902 a new church was built, made of cobwebs, completely rebuilt from brick in 1956, dedicated to the "Holy Virgin Mary, Mother of God". Churches: We do not know the exact date of the construction of the first church. However, we know that in 1844 a wooden and brick church was built on the site of an earlier church. This church, dedicated to the "Birth of the Blessed Virgin Mary", will be rebuilt in stone and brick in 1889, continuing to be used today, obviously with a series of repairs and redevelopments caused especially by the earthquakes of 1940 and 1977. In the cemetery In the village there is another small church, built of oak beams in 1839. There is also a chapel dedicated to the "Holy Cross", built in 1888, later rebuilt from brick in 1937.

Vatra Dornei

City in Suceava County. Historical names: Vatra. The first documentary mention: the 15th century. Demographic evolution: 1995 (291 families; 634 believers); 1999 (230 families; 498 believers);